Readiness Certification Assurance Process Tracking System (RCAPTS)
Y-12 National Security Complex
The Readiness Certification Assurance Process Tracking System (RCAPTS) is a Web-based multiuser system that manages readiness projects, reviews, and associated activities performed by readiness personnel and other involved associates at U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) sites. A project management tool designed to replace or supplement paper-based administrative activities, RCAPTS includes a series of Web scripts written in the PHP server-side scripting language and a Microsoft Access database, making use of a server and end devices to process programming code.
- Manages work flows automatically and notifies users when an action is required
- Accepts electronic storage of evidence documents and links to external systems
- Eliminates via centralized management the need for client interaction
- The Y-12 National Security Complex has copyright protection for this technology.
Technology Readiness Level:
- TRL 9: Technology has been proven to work in its final form and under expected conditions.
- Unique — is only known product of its kind that assists with carrying out DOE Order 425.1, “Verification of Readiness to Startup or Restart Nuclear Facilities”
- Portable and affordable — allows access on any device (local or VPN)
- Timely — provides real-time status, enabling productive management of issues/affirmations
- Efficient — uses database query and sort features to quickly identify areas needing attention
- Versatile — is flexible and can be tailored to meet a wide range of complex expectations and individual client needs
- Secure — allows roles and responsibility assignments that automatically govern access
Applications and Industries
A system that manages readiness activities performed at DOE sites, RCAPTS could be developed to appeal to:
- Engineering firms responsible for construction and/or startup activities
- Software companies (e.g., supplement to existing software)
- Operating firms that start new complex processes in a regulated environment (e.g., nuclear utilities, refinery operations)
Questions about licensing?
Contact OTCP@cns.doe.gov or visit our technology transfer website.