Knowledge Preservation Management (KPM)
Y-12 National Security Complex
The Knowledge Preservation Management (KPM) system allows for the capture, management, and web-based access of manufacturing operations information. KPM also captures retirees’ knowledge via transcript-enabled videotaped interviews and with video data mining advanced search capabilities. Access to this information is available directly to the operator on the factory floor or in an office, providing a complete on-demand knowledge management and training capability. Y-12’s KPM was designated as the National Security Enterprise Center of Excellence for Knowledge Management.
- Captures and manages video, animation, process maps, work instructions, and any other associated information digitally
- Allows for information configuration control and long-term archival of knowledge base
- Can be access controlled to ensure appropriate need to know
- The Y-12 National Security Complex has copyright protection for this technology.
Technology Readiness Level:
- TRL 9: Actual application of the technology in its final form and in Y-12 production use.
- Assimilates and manages critical information and makes it available on demand to those with the appropriate need to know
- Easy to use, efficient transcript-based, jump-to-frame video data mining and retrieval
- Flexible with content configuration control and long-term archival of a company’s knowledge base
Applications and Industries
- Manufacturing and industrial companies
- Government agencies
- Research and development firms
Questions about licensing?
Contact OTCP@cns.doe.gov or visit our technology transfer website.