National Security Technology Applications Center User Facility: No
The National Security Technology Applications Center leverages Y-12's collective expertise and resources to assess, develop, demonstrate, and deploy innovative security technologies and products for a broad range of applications, from biometrics to homeland security and defense.
We can also help to determine a security technology's value by testing it in real-world settings. This qualitative examination of the technology's performance answers the question: “Will the system work effectively when needed?” Both the technology provider and the technology buyer derive significant benefits from the rigorous methodology we employ in our professional, standards-based testing and evaluation.
Our expertise spans a wide array of technologies, including:
- Explosive detection systems
- Biometrics and access control technologies
- Personnel screening systems
- Cargo/vehicle screening technologies
- Radiation detection technologies
- Remotely-operated weapon systems
- Intrusion-detection systems
- Perimeter security technologies
- Advanced optical systems
- Sniper detection and response systems
- Command, control, communications, coordination, intelligence (C4I) systems