The seal is a blend of MAO-MBOy-SiO2 that substantially matches a coefficient of thermal expansion of the solid electrolyte. A series of glass ceramics in the MAO-MBOy-SiO2 system can be used to join or seal both tubular and planar ceramic solid oxide fuel cells, oxygen generators, electrolyzers, and membrane reactors for the production of syngas, commodity chemicals and other products.
Applications and Industries
- Aerospace & Defense
- Agriculture & Mining
- Automotive & Transportation
- Computers & Electronics
- Consumer Products
- Energy & Utilities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Thermal expansion and sealing temperature can be tailored to specific need
- Better structural properties (creates a rigid material without viscous flow)
- Resulting material is more robust, providing for a stronger seal
- In manufacture, the method does not require a high compressive load to form a strong seal. This removes load considerations for other components, which must be able to stand up to the load in a load-bearing sealing process.